I'of these ideas swirling around my head, trying to process quiet, but being me, that just isn't working so great. I welcome any feedback from my post, as guidance is really what I'm seeking because I don't know the "right" decision to make.
My son has been having great struggles in 1st grade. He struggles to attend, but he does continue to learn. There is family history of learning disabilities and ADHD. His teacher is very focused on every move he makes, which frustrates me, so on the best suggestion ever, I've refrained from emailing her in the last week. I found that I wanted to defend C to the hilt, which only made the emails go tit for tat so to speak. I've supplied the teacher with strategies, visual schedules, etc. She is very consistent in reminding me that he does not attend. When and how does a parent decide to make decisions about medication? Have any of you thought about it? Have you chosen to medicate and seen benefits? How do you know the long term effects? Did it make you feel nervous? Any strategies you have tried, other than medication, that have been successful?
Help!
Struggling in Suberbia
No comments:
Post a Comment