Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Weeble Wobble

Do you remember the Weeble Wobble people from our youth?  The Playskool toys who wouldn't tip over...I believe Peanut is one of these objects.  She struggles to go to sleep at night, not "tipping" over into her bed to fall into a restful slumber.  She just pops right back up, ready to play and chat.  Recently it has gotten to the point that I fall asleep in her bed because I cannot stay in a quiet dark room and stay awake.  Seriously!  I'm that pitiful.  I try and motivate myself by thinking I get to go back downstairs and see Dear, but not even that can keep my eyelids from slamming shut.  A dear friend suggested using melatonin, as she did with her son, and it worked wonders.  The only flaw is that Peanut must drink the stuff, which I'm afraid will lead to her wetting the bed in the night.  Any suggestions?  Is my fear totally out of whack, which is totally possible!!!!

Mother Nature is quite confused these last two days.  She has let the temperatures soar up to 70 degrees!  Hellooooo, it's December and it's supposed to be COLD.  I have suffered all the way through summer, the humidity and heat, eagerly anticipating the arrival of fall/winter.  When I dressed this morning, I found my sandals and linen pants.  No long sleeved shirts for this chick.  So, my point is this...Mother Nature, if you're listening, can I please have some winter weather?  I'd like it to snow this season so my children can play in it.  Is that good for you?  Good, thanks for listening and I expect the changes to commence soon. 

L

No comments:

Post a Comment