So, I've been contemplating certain things that make me laugh. For example, in our new master bath, there is a large mirror directly opposite the clear glass shower. I happened to notice this one morning while showering, because I'm just really a blond beneath my dark hair, and was immediately like, "OMG! I can't believe someone put these two things in line with each other!!!!!!! EWwwww! I can totally see my flaws." Then it has since become a train wreck: I can't stop noticing, thinking if I stand up taller, suck it in a little more, shift this way or that I'll start to look better in that awful mirror. As I was telling this story one weekend with my friends, when one of the guys said, "Oh, that was totally made by a dude! You know dudes would stand in the shower, slap their "goods" on shower door and totally be like, "I look HOT!" Needless to say, all of us there for the conversation erupted into laughter. I cannot remove the image of any guy being so proud of his jewels, admiring themselves in the mirror....
Yesterday Dear went to play the extreme sport of paintball with the boys. I thought it would be a quick jaunt, only 3 hours, but in fact it was like a 6 hour excursion. After reuniting with him at the homestead, I inquired as to how the game went. I laughed so hard I cried listening to the rendition of events as they played. Dear first described how their referee was with their group, monitoring them at all times. He described him as a shorter, skinnier Tickle, from the show Moonshiners. If you don't watch that, think of him as a true redneck...no teeth, country bumpkin accent...you get the drift. Well, all the boys had to wear their gear, including masks. Keep in mind, Dear is no shrinking violet and is of solid stature. So, they begin hiking up to the field to begin play, which he said was like climbing Mt. Everest. Imagine a group of 6, 40 something boys, hiking up the side of a mountain, huffing and puffing the whole way....you should be laughing by now. :0) The mask Dear was wearing kept fogging during their trek. So, every so often, he had to stop, try and blow air up through the mask in a futile attempt to defog it. He described in conjunction with his pants, which were layerd, sliding down his body as he ran, while his mask fogged up, and he attempted to get to the "safe zone". So, after ducking behind a wall or getting to a safe zone while running, holding up his pants, that were tied with rope to help, attempting to blow on his mask so he could see, in the middle of a field, dodging paint balls. Oh.my.goodness was this vision hilarious. I just had to share.
Today has been a recovery day for him, while I avoid trying to make a menu for the week. The Captain and Peanut are outside playing with friends (so excited about this!!!!!). I don't know what to make for dinner. I'm in a funk where nothing appeals, despite looking at every blog and pinterest pin known to mankind. Well, perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, but it feels like it :0) If there is a recipe you adore, or that your children really like, will you tell me about it?! I'm in a recipe rut.
L
No comments:
Post a Comment