Friday, November 30, 2012

The Weekend!!!!

After an indeterminately long week, the weekend is FINALLY here!!!!  I was lucky enough to attend a training for work today, so I was out of the building, hooray!  The training was rather fast, finishing early, allowing me to get home to the kiddos early, avoiding the usual hellacious Friday traffic.  I bumped into a friend at Peanut's daycare, whose son also goes there, who commented I was off early.  I replied yes, I sure was and I was happy to pick up the children.  She replied that she would've gone home alone first.  Ahhh, that would've been nice, but the thought of fighting the traffic later in the afternoon/early evening was motivation enough to pick them up when I did.  After explaining my reasoning, she agreed, reluctantly.... :0) 

The training today was all about how to incorporate technology into the curriculum, helping a variety of students access the content areas.  The topic is broad, too broad actually, and I was hoping that the leaders of the group would have narrowed it somewhat.  Ummmm, this was not the case.  There was so much information and so many good ideas, presented at warp speed, it made it hard to know what to pick as helpful, or even practice during the training.  I did work on using Microsoft Word to create multiple choice quizzes, with a drop down menu, which was really good.  I also learned how to put together a power point from individual slides from groups of students.  That will come in helpful.  I also think I can read through it and find other things that will be beneficial.  Maybe the next meeting will also allow for us to redefine the goals for the group.  Either way, I'm learning and that is what is important.

The children are clamoring for the arrival of our Elf on the Shelf, Edgard.  I suppose that if Captain is saying things like, "I suuuuuuure hope Edgard arrives tomorrow!!!!" is a not so subtle clue that I'm slacking.  Of course, Peanut is the one who pushes the limits and wants to touch the elf, removing the "magic".  During Christmas of last year, Edgard had to constantly be placed hanging from light fixtures, curtain rods, clocks....really anything that would keep him out of reach of Peanut.  Another friend got her elf out last year, only to have her son tell her that she should send him back because he couldn't be good all the way until Christmas.  I would likely reason that Peanut has the same feelings, just has not articulated so eloquently. 

Dinner out tonight as a treat on a Friday, so I'm off the hook for cooking.  Tomorrow morning I'm really hoping to make eggnog cinnamon scones.  I love eggnog and in the form of a scone....mmmmmmmm!!!  I think I might have to go to Starbucks soon for an eggnog latte....Or do you prefer the gingerbread latte?  Enjoy relaxing tonight with your loved ones, or alone, reading a book....
L

No comments:

Post a Comment