Thursday, November 29, 2012

Breathing....

I refrained from crying after the post I typed disappeared.  I couldn't tell you where it went, but all of a sudden...*poof* it was all gone.  It was funny though because it was all about how I have had to practice breathing recently to remain calm, so I can now firmly attest to the fact that I practice what I preach.  This time at least.  :0)

Thanksgiving was a strong push to get the house ready for the family to come and celebrate.  Dear traveled all over hell's half acre to find a couch for us to put in the basement, hung pictures, and made sure the turkey was defrosted.  What would I do without him?!  Don't answer that question because I'm sure there are days when I could imagine it, but he does the same, of this I'm sure.  :0)  The pictures were hung, furniture arranged, and children bathed.  We considered ourselves prepared.  Thanks to that frame of mind, we were able to relax and really enjoy having everyone here.  The food was delicious, with contributions from everyone.  As a house warming gift I received a beautiful table cloth from my brother and sister-in-law.  That was a treat.  As luck would have it, the table cloth matched the decor in the dining room and fit the table quite well.  I almost felt like a grown up.  Naaaaaaah!

The day after was the ultimate lazy day.  I only changed out of my pajamas because I had spilled coffee and gravy on them and began to smell of a barnyard animal.  It was really best for all that I got clean.  I did put pajamas right back on after  my shower so as not to ruin the tone of the day.  It was much needed for all, despite what my children would tell you.

It is feeling though like life isn't showing any signs of slowing down.  Between working full time, getting settled in the new house, taking care of the new house, and trying to bake when I feel stressed, it's almost like living in a time warp.  I can hardly believe that Christmas is just around the corner.  I sure hope Santa and his elves have been working hard so I don't have to.  Some dreams should be  allowed to come to fruition, even if they are couched in children's fairy tales.  I'll get motivated real soon, promise.  How do you motivate yourself for the holidays?  How much do you decorate?

Off to put the children to bed, since Dear is upstairs bathing them.  Never mind if I sit still any longer to type I'll tip over on the couch and fall immediately to sleep.  OH!  I just had an idea!!!  I should buy the Anyreader pens for my children to use so that one of us doesn't have to read to them every night!  Bingo!  I am brilliant, I tell you.  Think it will work???!!!  That's what I thought....not so much....*sigh*  It was a brilliant idea, if even for a moment....

L

No comments:

Post a Comment