Saturday, November 24, 2012

Long Time....

I had no idea that it had been since May that I've written here.  I think during these last 6 months I've lost my marbles more times than I care to count.  It has been a crazy time, leading to some insane decisions that have brought about some big changes.

The school year wrapped up in June, so I transitioned to a stay at home mom, leaving behind teaching if just for 8 weeks.  During these not so boring 8 weeks, Dear and I met with our realtor and decided that we would put the townhouse on the market just before we left for the beach trip in August.  Thus began the emptying of the house for staging, making everything immaculate, and attempting to control the two minions, who had other ideas about what to do.  I also hired a handyman to come and paint the house, power wash the deck and siding, and make a few small repairs.  He worked efficiently, albeit not perfectly, but hey, what did I care...it looked good on the surface.  Suddenly, it was August, time for the beach trip and the final touches for getting the house on the market.  We left, the revolving door of Realtors began, and we got an offer!!!!!!!!!  The contract was ratified while on vacation, so upon returning home, we didn't have to keep it neat and clean.  Never was my exhale so loud as it was when we walked in the front door, knowing I didn't have to keep it immaculate. 

As we had to look for somewhere else to live, Dear and I were a country divided.  He wanted to move West, I wanted to stay local.  To say we gave our wonderful realtor a few new gray hairs might be a significant understatement.  A huge reason for my desire was to keep the kiddos in the same school.  Dear's reasoning was valid, i suppose, as he wanted to go west to be closer to family.  Going west meant sacrificing what we could get for our money, something I didn't like whatsoever.  My commute to work would've sucked big time.  Dear's might have improved significantly, but round here, traffic generally bites no matter what... :)  After numerous highs and lows, houses seen and left unseen, we stumbled upon 2 in the local area.  I thought for sure I had found THE one.  On line, it was amazing, appearing to have all that we wanted.  There was a second one, with a red door, which looked nice but not really so great in comparison to THE house.  The fateful Saturday we chose to go out looking, our realtor said she wasn't coming to see just one house, so we'd be going to see both.  The yellow house, THE one, crumbled before my eyes as we toured it.  There were so many things it lacked and flaws.  So, to the red door house we went.....We were in for a treat after walking through the front door.  Freshly painted, new carpet, an open kitchen, granite counter tops, a finished basement with more storage than anyone could fathom, and in the same school boundaries. It appeared to be a win/win for all. 

So, two months later, we're settled in the new house with the red door.  We left behind the Hood and traded it for Pleasantville.  It is awesome.  There is so much space.  The children love it too.  We were lucky enough to host my side of the family for Thanksgiving, so the kitchen was put to the test, as well as my cooking skills.  Sooner rather than later, I'd now like new ovens, a new dishwasher, and to get the microwave off the counter.  I think these 4 appliances will be on the 5 year plan.  See how much I've grown up, I didn't say immediately....of course, if they happen to be replaced sooner, I'm not going to argue one iota!!!!!

In the midst of all this commotion, I found that I was pregnant with our 3rd.  Dear and I were surprised and over the moon.  I thought the timing was perfect.  The baby was due in May, which being a teacher is amazing timing.  On Columbus day, I went for a sonogram.  The term they used was blighted ovum, which meant something had gone awry during the cell division.  Recognizing this fact, my body had reabsorbed the baby, which was what the sonogram showed: just an empty amniotic sac.  Tears fell like Niagra Falls as I sat with Dear in the car to explain to him all that I'd just been told.  The journey of healing has been emotional and fraught with so many different thoughts.  Should we try again?  Are we happy with the two healthy, amazing children we have?  Can we afford it financially???  We can't end on a sour note, we must try again!  Do you get a sense of the Sybil like character Dear has been stuck with these last few months???!!!! The final decision really has yet to be made, which makes my official title of Queen Flaffel, rather fitting  ;0)

Maybe I'll be able to find more time to visit here and post about the lunacy.  With a Peanut like mine, there is no shortage of stories. Of course, the Captain first born provides for many as well. 

L

No comments:

Post a Comment