Life is cyclical, I've known this for quite some time, however, with it spinning even faster than ever right now, I feel like a hamster. The house is finally put together after the great flood in January. It only took 3 months and firing one contractor. Do you know how liberating it was to fire the first contractors?! It was awesome, not that I am vengeful, but seriously, if as a project manager there isn't a return phone call for 10 days, I reserve the right to fire you. Thus, the 2nd contractor arrived, fixed everything and repainted my kitchen the most lovely shade of green I've ever seen. I told the two guys here painting I wanted to kiss them I was so grateful. I would've offered to cook for them, but they were in the kitchen, so I had to offer sloppy seconds...lol! No, neither of them accepted my offer and my husband was relieved (that's still funny too!).
After the house was finally reconstructed, I proceeded to increase my business level by adding t-ball for the oldest cherub. However excellent this choice may turn out to be in the development of his character, it's driving me batty right now. The Dearest husband in the world has assumed the greatest amount of responsibility for this season, but I still want to help get him ready, make sure the uniform is clean, find lost socks that are hanging under a sweatshirt on the banister, etc. His team is adorable, their coach is good with them, and Dear helps coach a base during games, when it appears to be a sudden attack of "herd ball". We've been graced with fans from the family coming to cheer him on in his quest for greatness. It's been a joy, really. (Don't tell Dear I ever admitted to it though!)
SOL season is upon us. Have I ever mentioned just how much I appreciate Bush, the 2nd one, for putting into law NCLB?! I am so glad that the used skewed data, incorrect information, and his charm to put into action the most ridiculous piece of legislation. These SOL tests are such a joy to administer every spring, with students struggling and muddling through them. When it's all said and done, summer vacation will be immediately around the corner! Now, there's something to celebrate.
I've been cooking and baking a bit, just to see how different recipes turn out. I've some I adore, others I detest, and some I'm indifferent about. For the most part, I'm pleased with everything I've attempted. I also got the newest Pioneer Woman cookbook, Food from my Frontier. I fell in love with it immediately, but the first cookbook will always hold a special place in my heart. I now need to get on the ball and purchase the Joy the Baker and Smitten Kitchen cookbooks. I need an infusion of new recipes. Can you tell I'm struggling with menu planning and such? I'd be fine if desserts were acceptable for all 3 courses, but I've been told that this is not the case. I mean, Bill Cosby was able to justify chocolate cake for breakfast, so why can't I? ;0)
Harketh, the time to cook dinner has suddenly arrived...whatashocker! What am I making? That's an excellent question! I haven't one dag gone clue! However, it's Sunday Fun day, which means no matter what I make, it'll be delicious....sort of......hahahahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment