**Well, loookie what I found....it's a bonus post!
Dear found a perfect couch, put all 6 pieces in his truck and brought it home. It fit down the basement stairs AND looks amazing in the space. Did I also mention that it is comfy??? It's really just an added bonus. I mean, I would've sat on it even if it felt like rocks just because Dear brought it home for me. Maybe I lie just a little bit....lol!
Thanksgiving day arrived with pictures hung, couches assembled, children running crazy, and bottles of wine needed to tolerate the craziness. It was just the kind of Thanksgiving day I had hoped it would be. Relaxing, filling, and great family in the new house. I was proud of Dear and me for making our first turkey together, complete with stuffing that tasted almost as good as my mother's! Boooya! Can you feel the joy???
The day after Thanksgiving was relaxing. The only reason that I showered that day was because I spilled coffee and gravy on my jammies and thought I was starting to smell a little like a barn animal. But it was just the kind of day Dear and I needed, never mind that the children thought we were brain dead. They kept wanting some kind of attention and focus. Eh. Dear and I tried, but I can promise you it wasn't pretty. They still live so we didn't fail all that much :0)
Christmas is right around the corner. My parents were kind enough to bring me a wreath for the front door and two small poinsettias for the family room. That is as far as I've gotten in decorating for Christmas. Peanut did volunteer to go downstairs and get everything for decorating, but I was able to intervene quickly enough to prevent her from succeeding. I suppose that it will have to be done this weekend. Sigh. It will be great once it is done, but in order to finish it, there must be motivation first. Did I mention that I am getting my hair cut Saturday to avoid this? I have such excellent avoidance techniques....
Off to complete dinner and feed my family. They are thisclose to having a mutiny if I don't get it done soon....
No comments:
Post a Comment