Today, I have the divine pleasure of working from home. My darling children , who I adore with all my heart, at school! I am all alone. I am enjoying watching mindless TV at the moment, perhaps I'll read a book I just picked up from the library, or take another nap. Yes, that would be my 2nd nap of the day. I just had to close my eyes after dropping the darlings at school, after missing the bus. It was decadent, luxurious, and everything I needed it to be.
This brief time alone will soon come to a conclusion. The children will be home in about an hour. I look forward to seeing them again, sort of. This entire getting back into routine after our wonderful Christmas break, snow days, half days, and a few more snow days. Super one has really suffered the most. He might be genetically predetermined to have some attention issues. We, his parents, as well as a few other relatives, may also suffer from similar attention struggles, but are very happy, productive members of society ;0) Given these genetic obstacles, the loss of structure, change of schedule, and his mother being just as eager to lose the routine, has lead to regression is his school behavior. His teacher phoned last night to express her concerns, which left me to stew about it. Dear was having to work late so I couldn't just sit down and chat with him. The teacher and I decided that perhaps consultation with the Response To Intervention (RTI) teacher would be a good place to start, as well as some other things from his 1st grade teacher, that might be good. I suppose eventually Dear and I are going to have to have another conversation with our beloved pediatrician about attention and learning differences.
Meanwhile, the Peanut has flourished in kindergarten. So much so, that her reading is beginning to encroach upon my life. Sometimes she is permitted to play games on my phone. Unbeknownst to me, she can read my text messages! EEEEK! Texting had been my way to communicate with my girlfriends with out the children being able to know what I was saying. Imagine my shock when she read to me what someone had written, which was of course rated "G". I'm so proud of her, but this also bring to an end her playing with my phone. She continues to be social, inviting, a pain, opinionated, slightly more girly than before, She has an imagination that I wish I could have. She can characters with magnetic letters on the fridge, tell hilarious stories, and entertain herself while I cook dinner.
These two loves add so much to my life, along with Dear, making it 100% enjoyable. It might also be challenging, trying to balance it all, but hey, it just makes my prayers for monotony more earnest. I know one day these shall be answered, lol! It is still a struggle this week to enjoy the little things, which is why this alone time while they are at school is so important. Perhaps I'll be a good mom when they arrive this afternoon. I have hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment