Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Holidays!

Who would've thought that I could go from April until November without writing anything?!  It is not to say that I haven't had excitement in my life, but finding the time to write about has been elusive.  I think I should try and sum up what has happened in the last couple of months succinctly.....this should be funny!

Summer 2011

I enjoyed my summer immensely with both children.  I learned NEVER to leave Peanut unattended, figured out how to lock her out of the master bathroom, how to unlock bedroom doors, turn around door knobs on bathrooms, how to hide soap, and limit her access to climbing on counters.  After learning all of these things, I failed to prevent her from finding her way into other people's rooms at the beach.  Her fascination with all things cream, toothpaste and diaper wipes continued, leading to creative ways to keep her out of bedrooms...LOL!  We found a new park to occupy our time, which thrilled all of us!  We could easily spend 2 hours there, running, climbing and going in 2 different directions, without realizing there was just 1 mom!

Fall 2011

Dearest Son started school....kindergarten.....where have the last 5 years gone?  Little did I know that the transition from day care to kindergarten would be so challenging.  I tried to let his teacher know that the need to touch other people is genetic, he comes by it honestly, just don't touch him back, yet another fine trait! However, with his peers, not such a great choice.  I received his first interim and almost fell over in shock!  I mean, it basically said my son couldn't pay attention for more than 2 seconds, couldn't work independently, and was struggling....MY ANGEL?  REALLY??!!!???  Okay, so I wasn't that shocked; I do live with the boy!  He does have me for a mother, which sums up quite a bit.  Good thing Dear's genes are mixed in there too, helping to balance out some of the genetic predispositions to loonieness....The fall conference was great!  He's grown up so much since the start of school and is making great progress. It won't be long before he's smarter than his parents. Oh, wait, I think he already is!
Peanut returned to daycare, MUCH to her chagrin.  The transition was terrible. She is so well versed in hiding her feelings, that it was often difficult for the daycare teachers to know how she felt. Actually, in case you missed that large boulder of sarcasm, she continues to let anyone and everyone know how she feels about going to school, when she expects to be picked up and what should happen after she is picked up.  Nuclear meltdowns continue to be a hallmark of the days, often prompted by the boldness of me to tell her no.  Any number of opportunities present themselves for this reply during our routines, and no matter how much I say it..............I often get the same result.......<sigh!> It's a darn good thing she's cute.
I've returned to my day job of teaching other people's children, with flair and intelligence.  Okay, maybe just the flair part of that sentence. It's a daily struggle to go to work, try and raise my own children, teach the students in my school the same manners I'm imparting to my biological, be a good wife (hahahahahaha) and keep up with life.  Thank God for family and friends who offer great supports!
Can't wait to update again soon....the saga of making a Christmas decision is on the horizon............

No comments:

Post a Comment