This morning i was awakened by the alarm on Dear's phone. Normally this wouldn't have been an issue, but since it's Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday, I have the privilege of honoring it by staying home. I had grrraaaaand visions of sleeping in this morning, snuggled under the covers, while he dressed to go to work. Alas, this was not the actual sequence of events. Instead, I fumbled to turn the darn thing off, only to have it screech in my ear again, 10 min. later. I supposed this is the point of the snooze button, but I thought for sure it meant off in my delirium. It's a good thing that coffee freshly brewed can erase the memories of being summoned from my bed rather rudely ;-)
On the plus side, I did find some motivation to make it through the evening. I made the elusive grocery list, which just happened to coincide with the creation of a menu, sent Dear to the grocery store, made dinner, rotated the laundry, and assisted in bathing the children. I was exhausted after all that I tell you! Maybe I do need a recovery day today....even if this was supposed to be my motivational day.
Happy Birthday to MLK, Jr. and in his honor I will persevere through my list of tasks, as he did so many years ago...Although is had a much larger impact on society and law makers than my completing laundry will have.
xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment