Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  It's 2012 and I can't fathom what happened to 2011.  I know that I worked hard, fought battles large and small, triumphed along the way and found myself exhausted by my own high expectations.  I found 2 blogs that I follow religiously (www.thepioneerwoman.com and www.annies-eats.com) to improve my cooking skills, as well as just enjoy reading what these fine women have to say.

I've contemplated moving  from my townhouse, suffered from home envy for  a hot minute, or months if I'm going to be totally honest, but I've remained where I am, waiting my turn to move into just the right house. I'll get there eventually.  I know I will.  I might have to spend more time outside to realize my house isn't that small  ;-)

To ring in the new year, I decided to make my first German Chocolate Cake.  I've been handed the torch from my wonderful mother in law, it's Dear's birthday cake.  I thought his birthday wouldn't be the best time to attempt my first one, so last night was it!  I was proud of my product, but was informed it was too chocolate-y and I just might have run out of icing about three quarters of the way around the outside of the cake...good thing it wasn't a cake decorating contest.  I thought this would be a great start to the new year.

May your day be joyous; your memories strong; and the future bright! 

No comments:

Post a Comment