Tuesday, March 15, 2011

DLST

In the land ruled by man, there has been a theory of moving the clocks forward in the spring, to make the evenings longer, and back in the fall, for an earlier rise.  I'd like to pose this: how about the clocks just keep ticking, without manipulation from men who think they know everything?  We can just maintain EST, making life ALLLLLL that much easier.  I write this as I listen to my son plucking his support bar on his bunk bed like a ukulele and it's 9:32.  He should have already fallen asleep, but OOOOHHHH NOOOOOO, the clocks just had to move forward, and we lost that hour, so in his mind, he's going to bed SOOOO much earlier....leaving me to use toothpicks to hold open my eyelids, waiting for him to give into his exhaustion.  Can you just feel the patience exuding from my soul?

On the flip side, before the damn clocks were moved, I celebrated my sister's birthday and mine last week.  Dear did an amazing job surprising me with flowers at work, a dinner with ZERO clean up required, and all the gifts on my wish list.  The piece de resistance.....the children sang to me, with a surprise birthday cake...my heart truly melted at that moment.  I liked my children a lot on that day.....they were kind, generous and their whining was kept to a miraculous minimum, like God knew he needed to help them help me  ;-) 

I'm just about thisclose to surrenduring to the call of my bed.  I've come to realize it misses me quite a lot when I'm not there. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment