Saturday, March 26, 2011

Walk a mile in my shoes......

Apparently, if you do, you might just find that life is passing you by, but hey, who am I to say that it's a bad thing?  Oh, it only sucks when I can't believe my children are growing up SO fast, with plenty of potholes in the road.  Let me tell you what, the amount of whining and nonsense that has occurred in this house lately, might be enough to drive a sane woman crazy.  I don't have to worry about that because I'm already certifiable  :-)

Since I last wrote, I've become an aunt for the fifth time in total, but the first time on my side of the family.  My youngest brother and his wife welcomed their first child this week.  What a cutie-patootie he is!  Aside from my own biases, he is that darn cute.  Thus, since his arrival, it has saved me from being the focus of my parent's attention.  YIPPEE!  However, being that they never miss an opportunity to take a situation that is about someone else and redirect the focus to them, I KNEW things were going to smoothly in the first 24 hours of the baby's arrival.  Sure enough, my youngest brother texted/called/texted...you get the pattern....When we finally connected I had the pleasure of removing the responsibility of the issues that my parents were attempting to give to him, for being "slighted" b/c my sister-in-law's parents were still here.  REALLY?! I mean, if I had an angry crotch question, c-section scar healing issue, or just any kind of question about being a new mom, I'd for sure call my mother in law first.....yup, that's what I thought...as much as I'd hate to admit it, I  might consider calling my mom if no one else was left on the planet. I believe she has the right to ask HER mother to stay, w/o having our parents inform a sleep-deprived new father that he sucks at including them.....Of course, that meant I also had to tell my brother the deepest, darkest, worstest news ever....I had actually started this argument with them 4 years ago.  WHOOPS!  Did I forget to mention that I'm like a pioneer, following a new trail through the f'ing wilderness, attempting to get a little closer to the middle of normal?  Now that you know that, I'll continue with my story....4 years ago I informed our mother, that for the sake of my marriage and sanity (not quite that bluntly, but I'm sure she'd tell you different), I didn't want her to move in with me for 2 weeks after the birth of my first child.  As expected, my boundary drawing when over like, someone running into a jersey wall...I held my ground and said that Dear and I needed to figure this out on our own.  Never in a million years did I expect either of our parents to hold that grudge, then try and give my youngest brother and his wife all this left over anger.  Super  healthy and very normal, right?  I know, I know, I'm hilarious at presenting the thought that our parents would be normal....BAWHAHAHAHA!

Aside from revealing the secret to my youngest brother, life continues on down the road of lunacy.  I've had to try and convince Blue Eyes that although an illustrator can't make the picture match the proper sequence of the story, doesn't mean I can't read it to you....without starting over 3 times!  Meanwhile, Peanut has been showing her spirited side, throwing things, growling at Dear and me....when I asked her today what was wrong, did she not feel the love today, she replied, "NOPE!"  It's a darn good thing they're both cute.

Until next time....

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment