I think that is what I've done best this week. 2 children who have chosen to puke just days apart, but not together is damn annoying. I believe the best part was when I had figured it all out so I could go to work, so could Dear, and -BOOM-the oldest puked after he'd left with the youngest, and when I thought I could run to work right quick with the oldest, my car battery was done, cooked, kablooey. I took the hint and stayed home with him. I maybe dense at times, but when the signs are this obvious, I can pay attention.
Mind you, this all started on Sunday morning of last weekend. The youngest woke up puking, then asking for milk. Okay, not so much, but her older brother was insistent that I give her what she wanted. So, he clarified that she wanted milk, and relayed to me that I was to get it pronto. I'm the boss, I calmly reminded him, and said she would be having ginger ale, NOT milk. He wanted to continue to argue...um, I declared myself dictator, showed him who was boss, and moved on with my day. Of course, since at 4 and a half he thinks he's dictator, the day was filled with challenges to the system, but I did prevail! :-)
As I type, I'm observing them eat their breakfast, after the oldest puked up his spaghetti dinner at 3 am. Do you know what a pain in the ass it is to try and get tomato sauce out of carpet? Not to mention that it was 3 am, and he kept bossing us, Dear and I, around to turn off the bathroom light. I tried, in my nicest voice possible, to tell him to clamp it and we couldn't clean up if we couldn't SEE! It was visions of sleeping in that rocked me back to sleep....Unfortunately this was not to be, and at 6:45, it was party central in my bed!
The shower calls, the washing machine is bored and I must proceed to start something before Dear gets bossier ;-)
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment