I thought this title to be fitting based on the last couple of days. I confronted the backstabber yesterday, calmly and with grace. In a not so shocking explination, she had excuses for everything I said or asked. I don't understand how someone can flip flop roles after maternity leave and not work collaboratively, which is something she used to complain about before being off for a year.
My darling mother called last night to tell me that my great uncle had died. This is ironic only b/c we had just found him again living in nursing home in Victoria, B.C. He was suffering from severe dementia, so although we had located where he was living, there wasn't any contact made as it would've been only to sooth the anxiety of his relatives. I burst out in tears nonetheless because I was upset that he died alone, not knowing his family had really located him. After talking to my aunt, she said she had mailed him a box of toffee, a gift sent by her annually for a Christmas gift, hoping he would enjoy it and know that he was loved, especially since she signed it from the entire family. I truly hope he is at peace and watching over all of us as one of God's Angels....
Just about 15 minutes ago, I took my youngest upstairs to tuck her in for a nap. As the youngest, we haven't been as prompt moving her from the crib to a big girl bed. She has demonstrated that she can climb out of her crib, but usually stays in her room, creating a palette on her floor and sleeping there. Today, she took it a step forward, coming downstairs, claiming she didn't want to take a nap. She's growing up so fast. She is back upstairs, in her room, but I hear way to much noise for her to be napping. I guess it'll be a bed purchase sooner rather than later.
So, it is that time brings about change, good, bad and indifferent. It is through these changes that I continue to learn, be surprised, and know that others are growing too.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment