Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What a difference a day makes....

After enduring one of the worst nuclear meltdowns from both of my children yesterday, waking up to Cooper peeing ON TOP of the toilet this morning, saturating, oh the floor and bathmats, I knew it could only get better!  Although, I'd be remiss if I didn't remember to tell you the funny from Cooper last night. 

In the midst of the ever evolving meltdown that was yesterday evening, Cooper was grasping at straws for what to cry over.  He'd soaked me in anger after I made him take a shower, so I was left sitting on the floor of my bedroom trying to rationalize with him.  I was attempting to get him to put on pajamas....but in his mind, he wanted to know where I came from.  To answer that might have required me telling him how crazy my parents are, but I simply replied from Grammy and Granddaddy....When he burst into tears AGAIN, I was clueless.  He lunged forward, arms open, and said, "I missed you, Mommy, when you were in Grammy's tummy!!!"  Dave burst into laughter, to which Cooper was clueless, and tried not to laugh in his face by telling him that I hadn't even thought about having him when I was in her tummy............. Out of the mouths of babes, I tell you!

Today after peeing on top of the toilet, and attempting to sponge it up with a measly 6 squares of tp, I knew it was going to get better, right?  In some ways, yes, it was so much better.  The sun shone with all its might, warming everything, make my mood brighter.  A little drama at the end of the work day could've ruined it, but I wanted to make sure that the kiddos had a great afternoon with a mama in a good mood.  We stopped by a friend's house, so I got to chat with an adult and the kids played, with a few bumps, but overall, awesome.  I made a creamy chicken and wild rice soup for dinner, for Dear and me, but grilled cheese and tomato soup for them.  Harketh, the starving came to the table and ate!  It was great to see them enjoy their dinner, as well as Dear and me.  I'll make that soup again for sure!!!

Both are sleeping now, so I'm not much longer for this vertical position.  It's time for my eyes to search for light leaks behind my eyelids. 

Cheers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment