Monday, February 21, 2011

Listening Ears

I got to daycare to pick up Cooper today and his entire class was sitting on their carpet in silence.  I was told that the whole class was having "listening" problems.  What a shocker, in a room full of 16 4 - 5 year olds that they might get wound up and go bonkers? At the root of the problem for Cooper was that when one of his teachers asked him to use his listening ears, he replied no because he was ready to go home.  Alrighty then, I thought, not okay to say to a teacher, BUT, I can relate.  After apologizing to his teacher, he began promising to use his listening ears at school....think in this state of weakness I could also try for home?  That's a very funny, funny thought!!!

Meanwhile, I decided to compensate for not being there for Cooper by making a delicious dinner and dessert.  It was well worth the time spent in the kitchen, and my children and husband ate it!  That was like double bonus. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow, or perhaps just a 2 hour delay.....

Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment