Thursday, February 17, 2011

Patience

I believe that my patience for this week has run the *#*##% out!  It's the end of the kind of day I've dreamed of having since winter started, anticipating spring's arrival.  The kiddos and I were able to play outside with our favorite neighborhood friends, which really meant I got to flap my gums with an adult, someone other than my husband!  to tell you the truth, I believe I had more fun than the children.  Playdates are sometimes like that, more for the parents than the children.  Sometimes it's a bonus if the children are compatible, b/c my sanity is more important. 

Now, that things are summarized, I'm about to beat someone.  Not literally, but give me a wet noodle, and I'll whip them GOOD!  My husband has a hard time keeping his patience with the children; I find myself playing mediator, keeping the peace.  Inbetween all of this, I'm also cooking dinner, picking up fing toys, trying to make sure no one irritates Dear that he loses his temper, and clean up the kitchen.  Perhaps I've created this monster myself, but really, I don't think it's ALL my fault. Our son has always liked having me read him stories, and Dear never really purused changing this pattern because it meant he got to relax while I read to him.  If he tried, our son would throw fits, whine, and carry on and on and on...catch my drift?  Well, now it's 2 and a half years later, and I'm stuck with reading to him, while Dear gets the easy one!!!!  Then, I get the whining, clinging, bitching, and so forth when he's over tired and blah, blah, blahy.   It's rather cyclical and I don't know how I can change the cycle....Perhaps it's time to visit a funny farm? 

I really miss having a hot minute to myself.  I miss reading.  I miss doing things without being hunted by my children.  I miss hanging out with my Dear. 

Bitter, Party of 1 signing out.............ps: I really do love being a mom, but it's just one of those days...

No comments:

Post a Comment