Sunday, December 4, 2011

Santa Ana Winds...

The Santa Ana winds that have caused so much destruction to the west coast of the United States, seem to have found their way into my weekends.  From the moment of eyes peeking out from behind the eye lids the momentum builds to a furious pace, usually culminating in a nuclear meltdown from someone! I truly believe there are 150 mph winds driving me through time. 

Yesterday we piled in the car to attend a 1st birthday party for a dear friend.  She lives about an hour and a half south of us, making the drive a little longer than a usual one, but not too bad. In my mind, i was going to be making this journey solo with the kiddos since Dear would know no one.  However, after a huge debacle on Friday night with the minion, he decided to come with us  :)  The party was lovely, such a wonderful way to celebrate!!!!  On the way home, to reward Dear, we stopped at the Bass Pro Shops (BPS).  I stayed in the car with Peanut who had crashed, while Dear and my Boy went inside for some shopping.  I'm not sure words can really summarize all of the fantastic people watching i did.  Holy Toledo, Folks...them rednecks get all gussied up to make the trek to BPS to see Santa!  Full on holiday dresses for the girls, church pants and shoes for the boys, while the parents are decked out in their camo or shorts, some even wore jeans  :)  Equivalent to the dressed up faction were those in straight up camo.....such contrasts in people, such fun for watching! Upon departing, we picked up pizza, ate, watched Tangled, then tucked everyone into bed!

Today, is going to be pretty darn similar to yesterday.  I've made my menu, corresponding list, so I'm prepared to face going to the grocery store.  It's also Sunday Funday with a football gathering at the in-law's house, but chores to finish here might dictate that 3/4 of the family goes there while I stay behind to accomplish the mundane tasks to prepare for the week.  I dislike sacrificing one activity for another, but my type A personality is having a hard time not being prepared for the upcoming week....have I mentioned the amount of dog hair covering my carpets?

So, as the push from the Santa Ana winds blow me through these days of activity, I hope that I find time to smell the roses as they flutter by my nose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment