Alright, could there be any more surprises before I go to bed? I am truly hoping not, but I have this strong suspicion that I'm not really in charge...
Yesterday, I went over to the in-law's house to watch the football game. Mistakenly i thought a friend was there b/c her car was parked in front. After setting down the appetizers, my MIL informed me that a friend was downstairs, with his new girl friend, so I need not to act shocked. I am outstanding at failing to hide my emotions, they're just on my sleeve-there's no getting around it. However, I think that I did a good job concealing some of my amazement, but I won't lie that I was totally taken aback. Such as life.
Today at work I was surprised when my assistant announced she was leaving for the day. Granted lots of people left early today, but she left work undone, which annoys me, but I'm not going to judge. BAWHAHAHAHA....of course I judged, not really judged, but sure said in my head "Are you KIDDING ME??? You didn't file the papers I have put in folder, labeled to be filed. You haven't finished one project I gave you last week. You really don't care about this job and I am frustrated with you!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ah, I feel so much better now that I've said what I was thinking "out loud". I will never say anything, seriously, because I'm unsure of how to approach her. Total chicken I am. I'm OK with that :)
Tonight, my daughter, Peanut, totally surprised me in two different ways. First, was she was watching "Super Why" and was able to verbally explain why the book characters were going into the story about Little Miss Muffet. Perhaps it was because she had seen it before, or she's just that brilliant. Yeah, probably the first of the two reasons :) Secondly, while watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas", Dear asked Son if he knew what Christmas was about, why we celebrated it. Well, there was a small pause before he said huh? Thus, allowing for Peanut to state: ME!!!!!!! I think Dear and I have done an outstanding job of making sure she has an excellent self-esteem.....we couldn't be prouder, really.....Heaven help me if she continues down this self-centered path.
Finally, I'm totally surprised I'm still awake, but I had to watch the tri-build on American Chopper. I don't really like Jesse James very much after watching this installment. Perhaps though I should take note, as his ego is probably what Peanut's will resemble, so I'll need to be prepared for her to be opinionated. Wait, hold the presses, she already is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Son, he's a little more subtle in his approaches, so I'm hoping he'll keep some self esteem......
In a not so surprising move, I'm going to close my eyes and hit the sack o'beans. My bed misses me almost as much as I miss it....
No comments:
Post a Comment