The surprise party, that I almost slipped about in my post yesterday, was quite possibly one of the most enjoyable events ever! Dear's cousin came over to watch the kiddos for us so we could attend a surprise 40th birthday party in Leesburg. Dear coordinated the carpooling, so even the ride there and back was full of giggles, joy and super conversation. I must congratulate Alison on such a well thought out party! If I ever had to plan a party, she'd be my go to gal, that is for darn sure.
The venue: Travinia, a lovely Italian restaurant, which I had never been to before but had heard of because there is one close by to our house.
The directions: Alison wanted everyone there by 6:45 to ensure there wouldn't be any sightings to tip off her husband about the party. The party was to begin promptly with their arrival at 7 pm.
Our plan was to meet the expectations and arrive on time. Given that I tend to flap my gums incessantly, I made us leave our house a smidgen late, which put us over at the bff's house tardy, nothing new to Dear, but frustrating I'm sure ;0) Our compadres got in the van and off we went! A night out, no children anywhere in sight, not even a car seat since we took them out so we could all car pool together. There might have been butterflies of excitement at this moment, or maybe it was the anticipation of trying to beat the clock since I made us late. Dear drove like a champ, getting there in record time, even finding a parking space very close, while the remaining 4 of us attempted to leap out of the car while he was parking.
The surprise was a sight to behold. The honoree had NO clue, walking into the room, and was even speechless for a moment! It was great! They had two drinks in his honor, "The Vinnie" and "The Lamborghini", followed by a 5 course dining experience. I offered to take home any of the smoked Gouda macaroni and cheese with pancetta, it was that tasty. I wanted to lick my plate. The salad course followed, then the pasta, the meats, and finally dessert: apple crostini and tiramisu. I wanted to keep a platter of the tiramisu for myself, but the apple crostini wasn't too bad either ;0) The party transitioned outside for cigars on the patio, with plenty of conversation and a wonderful end to the evening. I was so glad that we went. It was a joy to be there and celebrate with all of their friends.
Today brings another gathering and then it will be time to continue rediscovering my house beneath the dust and dog hair. I really want my Dyson vacuum back. I think that would make all the difference in the amount of times I would have to vacuum...lol!
xoxoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment